Rules & Regulations
- All riders are required to wear seat belts.
- There will be no food, drinks, tobacco products, alcohol, controlled substances (drugs) or profanity used on the buses.
- The driver has the right to refuse transportation to anyone attempting to enter the bus while intoxicated.
- Under no circumstances will any rider or relative of a rider be allowed to be abusive on the bus.
- There will be no doubling back for forgotten personal items.
- It is the rider’s responsibility to give a full 24 hour notice of all appointments. The appointments should be called into our office at 478-625-8518 before 12 p.m. the day before the appointment.
- Jefferson Transit goes to Augusta Tuesday and Thursday if we have at least three (3) riders with appointments. All appointments must be made before 1 p.m. and the bus will leave Augusta by 3 p.m. Jefferson Transit will call all riders the afternoon before to inform them what time to be ready and that depends when the first appointment is.
- The bus will wait on passengers no longer than 5 minutes. If the rider is not ready, it will count as a No-Show.
- 30% NO SHOW rate in 30 day period will result in a 30 day transit suspension. Continued NO SHOW at 30% will result in 60 day suspension. Riders must call office to cancel trip before driver leaves office
- Minors must have an adult escort.
- Riders must be ambulatory. They must be physically able to enter and exit the bus with assistance from the driver. Jefferson Transit has 4 wheel chair buses in service and advance knowledge is needed if the rider needs transit to employ the lift on the wheel chair bus.
- Drivers are not required to go inside a rider’s home, stores, or medical facility, etc. with the rider.
To report a concern, complaint, suggestion or comment, please contact Jefferson County Administrator at 478-625-3332. A Title VI Complaint Form
is available online. For additional information, please contact Jefferson Transit at 478-625-8518.
Title VI/Nondiscrimination Policy Statement & Management Commitment to Title VI Plan
49CFR Part 21.7
(a) Every application for Federal Assistance to which this part applies shall contain or be accompanied by an assurance that the program be conducted or the facility operated in compliance with all required imposed or pursuant to (49CFR Part 21).